Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wardrobe battles


Every mother of a girl anticipates the inevitable wardrobe battles with her daughter--I just didn't expect them to start at under a year. Tyler laughs at how much I love to play dolly with Charlotte, dressing her up in frilly things and snapping up color-coordinated hairbows and clips.


Today I put a new dress on Charlotte. It's fluffy and puffy and I love the polka dots. It is, however, extremely difficult to crawl in fluff and puff. Your knees move, but the fabric under them does not. Charlotte was mightily displeased with her polka dot prison. She sat scowling on the floor, pulling up the skirt and trying to throw it away from her.

1 comment:

Caroline Brock said...

OH, Kristen...Kristen, Kristen Kristen. You have only just begun. The wardrobe wars are a regular occurrence in my house. In fact, I am just about to start my Sunday night 90 min. foray into my daughter's wardrobes, as the older two pick out their outfits for the week. I figure, one big battle once a week is preferable to 4 battles (4 girls) a day for a week. You too will eventually come up with strategies for staving off insanity......Good luck to you.