Sunday, May 11, 2008

Seth


Seth doesn't seem to get as much blog time, not being in the position of oldest child where everything is new or baby where everything is also new. Seth is also sadly in a phase where he whines a lot, much to our consternation, especially since he previously was a pretty chipper, try-anything-once kind of kid. So here's an update on Seth.

One of the lovely perks of having Tyler work from home is that I can dash out to pick up or drop off someone and leave the rest at home with him. Last week I told Seth I had to go pick up Carden from school. He wanted to come, but I said he had to stay. I dashed out the front door and took the Honda, which was parked in the driveway. Carden and I got back home and started working on homework and other projects. About 40 minutes later I realized I hadn't seen Seth in a while. I stepped outside and yelled for him, ran up to the playroom, checked in the basement. No Seth. I went into the garage and sure enough, he had climbed into the van, determined to come along to pick up his brother. He had buckled himself into his seat belt (which he can't undo), and fallen asleep. Lucky us. A few times he's buckled himself in before we were ready to leave and we've found him screaming in the car, afraid he'd been forgotten. I unbuckled his seat belt and opened the car door so he could finish his nap. Tyler woke him up and brought him inside, where he climbed up on this chair in the kitchen and fell asleep again. Guess it's been a tough week!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Kristen, My Sam, who also was once a very happy child, is doing the same whining and acts much more agitated. I also think he's feeling the impact of middle child as well as just being 3 and 1/2. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss with him.

Jenny said...

I totally get it Seth! I'm a middle kid too.