Sunday, May 25, 2008

The really lost tooth


Carden has been complaining of a loose tooth for a week or two, but this morning he was sure it was not long for this world. Tonight he rushed in saying he had lost it--really lost it. He didn't know when it had come out or where. (I suspect he swallowed it with that last handful of popcorn.) So tonight, under his pillow sits, not a tooth, but a letter: "Dear tooth fairy, I lost a tooth but I lost it. Please please find it so I can have some money. Carden" The two drawings at the bottom are him: On the left he's holding a quarter and smiling; on the right no quarter and no smile. Looks like he doesn't remember that last time the tooth fairy coughed up two whole dollars for his tooth--miraculous since the first one fell out on a Sunday night when Tyler had cleaned me out of cash on his way to Japan. And once again tonight, it's Sunday night, Tyler is flying over the Pacific, and I'm sure I'm out of dollar bills. Please, please Tooth Fairy, forget the tooth--just find me a dollar!

3 comments:

Aubri Moench said...

My sister's little girl told Eliza that you get $2 if you pull the tooth out yourself and $1 if you let someone else pull it out. She also said that you get money PLUS a prize. This last bit of info she told her when it was a SUNDAY and Matt was out of town...we were at a family party and Eliza pulled out her tooth. That's what you get for having an older cousin, I guess. I told my sister she better find me a prize fast!

Caroline Brock said...

Carden-I lost 2 teeth and I lost one in the car. I also wrote the tooth fairy a letter and luckily, she gave me money. And when another tooth came out I didn't loose it. I showed my mom when she got back from a trip and my dad and i put it in a little envelope. --Love holly

Jenny said...

I want the update. Did the Tooth Fairy come through or was she on vacation over the holiday weekend?