Saturday, March 15, 2008

Back in action

My computer has been partially reassembled but is not quite back to normal. New hard drive, but one bad memory stick, so its innards are still strewn about the desk. Now it's the fun of restoring all my software, discovering that for some inexplicable reason (three days with tech support has convinced me that everything related to computers is inexplicable) all my 2008 photos weren't in the backup. Good thing it's only March, I guess. Can you download your own photos off your own blog?

As I look at this sorry bit of machinery, I feel somewhat betrayed. I'm reluctant to get attached again, for fear my heart--and assorted files--will be trashed again. Why me? I was kind to you. I gave you a new surge protector, labeled all your cables, defragmented your disk.

So on to happier subjects, like the inch of snow that's covering my valiantly growing daffodils and tulips. A friend just posted pictures on her blog of her feet, newly pedicured and sporting spring sandals.

Somebody remind me why we left California.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You said, "Somebody remind me why we left California."

Never understood why! Temporary insanity, perhaps?