Sunday, February 10, 2008

The third child is still alive



Poor Charlotte. Everyone warns you that once you hit the third child, you don't take as many pictures of them, you don't sit on the floor and count to 10 (in three languages) with them; the only counting you do is at the end of the day--and you only count to 3 to make sure you didn't leave anybody behind on the last errand.

It is cliche.
It is true.










So. Here are a few pictures of Charlotte. We do love her devotedly. Tyler has almost taught her to say Dada. Carden and Seth have taught her to fake laugh. I have taught her to scream really loudly when she hears, "just a minute, Charlotte. I'm coming. Hold on. Oops. One more second. Almost ready for you. Really, I'm coming right this second."

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ah . . . Charlotte and I have a special bond--we're both forgotten third children. She looks so much like you and Tyler. She's simply adorable.

Caroline Brock said...

Charlotte is sooo cute and animated! I really can see her personality emerging. Last time I saw her she was still in the "baby slug" phase. Loved the pictures!

Aubri Moench said...

Just wait until kid #4!
The other day I went to take a shower (at 4pm FINALLY) and left Ashton in the SuperSaucer so she'd be "safe"...the older girls have now moved from drawing on walls to drawing on my baby, and I came out to find her head and face covered in highlighter. BTW, highlighter is not washable. At least they used pink.

Thompson Family said...

Kristen
This is Elizabeth Gray Thompson. I came across your blog site through Deborah & Eric Anderson's site. I have hoped to make contact with you again and see what wonderful things you are doing with your life. Your children are beautiful. I would love to catch up with you. Email me at callalilly76@hotmail.com and visit our not as cleaverly written blog at thompsonsandthegoodlife.space.live.com
Hope to hear from you
Elizabeth