Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sick, sick, sick


As in us. As in four days of misery requiring two bottles of Tylenol Children's Cold Formula, two boxes of Kleenex in every room, nine bottles of Gatorade (Riptide Rush favored over Lemon-Lime 2 to 1), and 16 DVDs. Thankfully it's about over now. It's a singular experience to wake up at 3 pm and not know where your children are or what they've been doing for the last five hours. (All were eventually located--out cold and scattered over various couches, beds, and floors.)
I ended up with the mildest case and after one day was able to get up and keep everyone else stocked with the essentials. I have new sympathy for nurses who face an overload of patients due to nursing staff shortages. Carden needs more cough syrup. Charlotte wants another bottle of juice. Seth's nose is running. Tyler's wondering where all the clean towels went. Where's my "Now serving number __" machine?
Take my advice. You can never have too many towels.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor mom! It stinks when everyone's sick. I hope everyone gets better soon!

Heidi said...

Oh Kristen, I so empathize with you!!!