Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So what do you do...

What do you do when you go in to check on the kids at night and discover that Charlotte is sleeping peacefully...soaked in vomit?

Tiptoe back out and pretend you didn't notice?

Or wake her up, clean her up, change all the bedding, and listen to her scream during the whole process?

Sigh.

You do what I did--call for Dad!!

And to his everlasting credit, he did it all. Even after he'd been doing it for the two days that I was gone all day at Women's Conference at BYU and he was taking care of the kids solo. Even after the first episode was Charlotte throwing up while they were at the pool watching the boys' swimming lesson.

Hurray for dads.

5 comments:

The Florist said...

What? Womens' Conference, alone? As in by yourself without your children? It sounds dreamy. One of these years I am going to join you. Good call on making the call. Way to pass the buck. I like your style.

Emily said...

Oh, we have had so many nights of vomit. I think my children enjoy the whole process. I have done both....

Heidi said...

Wow, you married well!

sarah e. said...

What a man! Hat's off to Tyler!!

the wonder years said...

way to go Ty. what a great dad and husband you are.