Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Save the cheese!

This week we've been dog-sitting Higgins, a bulldog belonging to Tyler's brother Joel. Despite Higgins and Angus coming from the same breeder, they are completely different physically. Angus looks like a fat slug, and Higgins is a trim machine, although they have the same penchant for snoring in the shade. We've also discovered that both dogs love cheese. And poor Charlotte, at only 33 inches high, is their prime target for hostile takeovers. Charlotte also loves cheese, and spent most of yesterday afternoon running from the dogs, waving her cheddar over her head and screeching "Not yet!" She never latched onto the toddler's favorite word "no," prefering the more polite version "not yet," although the meaning is the same--"no way."


3 comments:

Heidi said...

OK, Kristen that is the cutest picture. I love that she says "not yet". She is adorable!

Emily said...

Oh, I miss you guys. She is such a doll! Although I didn't get my own Charlotte, did I tell you my brother named his daughter Charlotte and she is a week younger than Ashley. Give the family a "hello" from all of us.

sarah e. said...

How hilarious! I love how you're taking a picture instead of rescuing Charlotte from the dogs. It reminds me of those pictures from war zones and you wonder if the photographer feels bad that he/she is taking a picture rather than helping the damsel in distress.

Tell Tyler we said hello and next time he is driving through KC, we'd love to see him and put him up if he needs a place to stay.

And did I ever tell you, when I was ten, I wanted to name my brother Charlotte Eve? Too bad he was a boy. I totally had my mom going for it.