Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fall



I think we had fall this year--sandwiched in between a wonderful late summer and the Thanksgiving blizzard. Seth and I went out one afternoon to rake leaves and play with the camera. These shots melt my heart; he loves to be part of the action, especially if he can be your helper. We put the camera on the sports setting and took a series of shots of him throwing armfuls of leaves in the air. Classic fall fun.







By the time Charlotte came out, we'd mown over most of the leaf piles, much to her dismay. Laying on a thin carpet of leaves just doesn't have the same effect.




The sunset was spectacular. Swaths of purple and orange streaked across the western sky and reflected on the eastern mountains. I think I would have missed it had we not been out raking. I can't think of a better reward for our work, if you could call it that.




1 comment:

Jenny said...

Fabulous pictures! Seth and Charlotte are adorable. Fall leaves are one of those things we don't really get in Cali. It's one of the things I miss most from Virginia. I love fall leaves!