Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My new shirt

I have a new shirt, and since it's the most expensive thing in my closet, I thought it deserved its own post.


It's yellow. Cheery and bright. I don't have many yellow shirts; in fact, I think this is the only one. About time I branched into new territory.




It's classic. Necklines come and go, but a good old button-down will never fail you.




And it's full of embellishments. Claire loves it when I wear this shirt. So much visual stimulation! So many things to grab, poke, and yank on.






Did I mention it comes with accessories, too? Mainly seven hyperactive 9-year-old boys learning to tie knots, cook over open fires, and use pocket knives.

Don't you wish you had a yellow shirt?

6 comments:

S-T.E.C.H. said...

I love you!!! Jenae has signed up for the same unique form of torture. You should swap war stories :)

sarah e. said...

That's hilarious!

Caroline Brock said...

so glad you finally blogged this story! I think you also should have included HOW OFTEN you have to wear it!! I don't know how you do it...

Kristen Crockett said...

One of the women at our monthly training sessions has been a den leader for 8 years. It makes my head swim (and my heart sink) to think of doing this for that long!

Aubri Moench said...

I'm hoping that birthing four daughters gives me a pass for ever, ever, ever having this calling.

Kristin said...

Don't forget urinating on the fire to put it out.