Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm just here for the food

We've had lots of great Thanksgivings over the years, but this was the first one that was just about the food. Joel and Mandi were in town and we had a great Thanksgiving with them. Joel is a fabulous, creative cook, and we had a great time cooking together. We didn't worry about centerpieces, the antique gold china stayed in its box, the mismatched serving bowls worked just fine; it was all about having some fun in the kitchen. Here's what we came up with:

Brined turkey with roast vegetable gravy

Mixed sweet potatoes and yams, cooked in orange juice and cream

Some of the best rolls I have ever eaten (and I ate about 10, just to be sure)

Butternut squash panade

Mashed potatoes

Autumn salad

Carrot and cumin tart

Corn on the cob (Seth's one request)

Green beans with tomato-mushroom topping

Apple tart tatin

Homemade pecan pie

Pumpkin pie

Peach-ginger fizzy punch


All for four adults and four kids. I think I used up every piece of tupperware I owned! Well worth it, though.

3 comments:

Caroline Brock said...

LOVE it ! WIsh I have helped eat all those wonderful dishes....I miss you guys.

Emily said...

that looks beyond delicious! Wow, wish I could have stopped in for some leftovers! I loved bumping into you at the festival of trees! Your family is growing up so cute! Love ya!

Unknown said...

Man I know where we are going for Thanksgiving meal next year!