Monday, July 27, 2009

You wanted a post? Here it is...


Several people have informed me that their status as devoted followers of our little corner of the blogging world gives them the right to hound me for the lack of posts in the past four weeks. To them, I offer the following riveting account of how we are spending our summer vacation.

We get up late.

We clean the playroom/boys' room/family room/hallway.

We eat an Otter Pop to celebrate that one-half/one-fourth/one tiny corner of chosen room is now clean.

We change the sheets on the guest room bed. By a rough estimate, we have had house guests for 30 nights so far in 2009.

I praise the heavens for the invention of air conditioning. This is the first summer of my entire life where I have had it. I run it around the clock. I stand directly over/under the vents. Tyler can sell an internal organ to pay the bill if necessary.

We play outside.

We eat something not really resembling a balanced meal.

We play outside again. At 9:30 the sun sets and we herd kids inside. We do not generally bathe them.

We remind them (weakly) that bedtime was at 9:00 and why are they all still up?

8 comments:

S-T.E.C.H. said...

If you didn't write such entertaining blog posts, people would probably stop reading them! I love stalking your blog!

Aubri Moench said...

Can I come and live at your house? And yes, best invention ever...central air.

Everett said...

It sounds like our summer! How are you? I hope that you are feeling better. We are all a little worried. I am hoping that all is well

Mandi said...

welcome back stranger! it is good to know you are getting the most out of the summer. it feels like we haven't seen you guys forever. we went to brentwood to pick plums on saturday and i thought it was the kind of thing you would have loved! miss you guys!

Caroline Brock said...

Kristen- I wish I lived down the street! Thanks for making me laugh out loud. WIsh I could have seen you this month. I hear you're feeling better.....besides the being pregnant thing.

Mike said...

Hehe. Once again, I love your tell it like it is post about life. You make the rest of us mothers feel less guilt for not having balanced meals, clean houses and clean, well-rested children because we know we all do it, we just don't share it like you do. :) What about a post from the vacation? I want to see all the photos you took with my family! You got some great ones that I don't have.

Deborah A. said...

Sounds like a good summer vacation to me.

I can't admit to anything other than watching two seasons of Lost when the kids nap or are asleep. Which also sounds like a good way to use summer. (I fast forward the violence and do literary analysis on the rest. Why are you not surprised?)

Emily said...

Oh congratulations on having a baby! I am so happy to hear that. I love your blog and love your voice, I miss you. I hope you back yard is fruitful as ever, so that you children can get lost for hours, oh what memories!