Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Summer's lease hath all too short a date"


Labor Day weekend was a mix of one beautiful day and one rainy, windy, knock-the-sunscreen-out-of-your-hand day. Luckily we spent the sunny day outside without much thought for anything besides having fun. Even Dad and Angus got in on the act.
We ate blackberries off our bushes, swung in the hammock (our favorite backyard addition), had squirt gun fights and full-fledged water wars. These are the days you hate to see end, especially since at the time you don't realize that the best days of your life, like the season, are spinning through space, away from you.

4 comments:

Aubri Moench said...

That's one reason to grow your own berries...I always tell my kids not to eat them because I never know where they came from, so they must be poisonous.

Jenny said...

Those pix are too cute! Love the first one of Charlotte!

Grandma H said...

Ah, the simple joys of summer! I loved seeing Tyler in the pool, Seth feeding blackberries to Charlotte, and those 2 adorable boys together. Makes me miss EVERYONE - even Angus and I've never even met him yet!

Grandma H said...

Ah, the simple joys of summer! I loved seeing Tyler in the pool, Seth feeding blackberries to Charlotte, and those 2 adorable boys together. Makes me miss EVERYONE - even Angus and I've never even met him yet!